All businesses, individuals, and other organizations are encouraged to compete for contractual opportunities with the Greene County School System.
Each proposal request and invitation to bid listed contains all relevant information, including contact information, submittal instructions, and submittal dates.
Contact the person associated with that proposal, or click here for additional contact information.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - GREENE COUNTY PRIMARY SCHOOL
The Greene County School System (GCSS) invites proposals from General Contractors for Construction Management At-Risk for Request for Proposal (RFP) P100, Construction Manager At-Risk for Greene County Primary School.
Invitations for Bid and Requests for Proposal issued by the GCSS are listed here on the GCSS website. It is the vendor’s responsibility to review the GCSS website frequently for a listing of open solicitations.
Contractors are instructed to read carefully all terms, conditions, specifications and requirements in this Request for Proposal (RFP). Contractors are required to complete all returned forms in their entirety.
All communications concerning this RFP must be submitted in writing to the GCSS, Ralph Boswell, GCSS Construction Manager or to James Wilson, CEO Education Planners. Email is the preferred method of communication to email@example.com or James Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org . Only written questions submitted via email will be accepted. No response other than written, distributed by the GCSS, will be binding upon GCSS. Questions concerning this solicitation must be received by 3:00 PM on November 11, 2021. Answers will be posted to the GCSS Current Solicitations website by November 23, 2021.
All proposals accepted must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with your company name and RFP P100, Construction Manager at Risk for Greene County Primary School. Please deliver your proposal to Greene County School System, 101 East Third Street, Greensboro, Georgia 30642, Attention: Dean Ware, Chief Financial Officer.
A Pre-Proposal Conference will be held on Thursday, November 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM Eastern Time at 101 East Third Street, Greensboro, Georgia 30642. Attendance at the pre-proposal conference is mandatory. Information regarding a possible mandatory site visit will be provided during this meeting and may be scheduled on the same day of the pre-proposal conference. Only interested contractors/sub-contractors will be allowed to attend either meeting.
The proposal acceptance will close on Tuesday, December 7, 2021 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time. Please allow ample time for delivery. Proposals submitted after the due date/time will not be accepted, however, proposals can be submitted prior to the due date/time.
GCSS reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals and to waive any formalities. Your interest and participation in the GCSS solicitation process is appreciated.
REQUEST FOR BID - GREENSBORO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DEMOLITION
REQUEST FOR BID
The Greene County Board of Education requests interested bidders to provide bids for “Greensboro Elementary Demolition”. Scope of work to include but not be limited to the following:
- Demolition and removal of existing structures, paving, base, and utilities.
- New earthwork and site stabilization.
Sealed Bids from prequalified Bidders, will be received by the Greene County Schools (the “Owner”) at 101 East Third Street Greensboro, GA 30642, until 3:00 pm local time on November 8, 2021 for all labor, materials and services necessary for the Greensboro Elementary School Demolition (“the Project”). Notice of Award by email, is anticipated on or before November 16, 2021.
- Bidding Documents must be obtained by prequalified Bidders from the office of the Gardner Spencer Smith Tench & Jarbeau, P.C., Tower Place Building 3340, Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1800, Atlanta, GA 30326, phone (404) 522-8805, Submission to the Architect should be by mail or e-mail and include a written application for Bidding Documents, including the Project number and name, the Bidder’s name, address, phone number and contact person, together with payment of a non-refundable deposit of $300.00 per printed set of drawings and specifications. Printed set of Bidding Documents shall be picked up from the Architect, or, if requested, will be forwarded, shipping charges collect, as soon as possible. Checks should be made payable to the Architect. Fees will be waived for electronic access of drawings and specifications.
- All anticipated federal, state and local permits required for the Project have not been obtained. Required permits are anticipated on or before November 8, 2021.
- All rights of way and easements anticipated for the Project have not been obtained. Required rights of way or easements are anticipated on or before November 8, 2021.
- The Contract, if awarded, will be on a lump sum basis by base bid. No Bid may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after Bid opening, except as otherwise expressly provided by applicable law. Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Bond in the amount of five percent (5%) of the Base Bid. Both a Performance Bond and a Payment Bond will be required in an amount equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the Contract Price.
- The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to waive technicalities and informalities.
- Any person or entity that failed to become prequalified to submit a Bid on the Project shall not be permitted to submit a Bid on the Project and any Bid submitted by any person or entity that is not prequalified shall be returned unopened.
- Contact Greene County Schools Owners Representative for approval to become prequalified. Contractor shall provide all prequalification documentation (via e-mail) to owner’s representative no later than 12:00 PM, November 2, 2021. Owner’s representative shall notify contractors individually (via e-mail) regarding their prequalification status no later than 5:00 PM, November 5, 2021.
- Minimum requirements:
- Contractor must demonstrate related and pertinent experience in reasonably similar construction in terms of scope and dollar value of previous contracts.
- Contractor must demonstrate a history of successful performance and completion of projects in a timely manner, subject to the usual contractual time adjustments.
- Contractor must demonstrate the ability to furnish appropriate bonds.
- Contractor must demonstrate sufficient available experienced personnel to perform construction activities. Both management and labor work force should be addressed.
- Contractor must provide a minimum of three references. Names and addresses of persons for whom the firm has performed related type work within the last three (3) years.
- Minimum requirements:
- Bidders are encouraged to attend a pre-bid conference for the Greensboro Elementary Demolition. This site visit is NOT mandatory in order to determine the conditions normally encountered and generally recognized as inherent in the Work; take measurements, perform and/or cause to be performed all quantitative tests; observe and gather all information necessary in order to determine a comprehensive bid amount.
- The pre-bid conference will occur at the job site as listed below:
Greensboro Elementary School
1441 Martin Luther King Drive, Greensboro, GA 30642
Time: 10:00 am
Date: October 27, 2021