The Greene County Board of Education authorizes contractual arrangements to be made for the acceptance for training of student teachers from regular accredited colleges and universities to the extent that the training of these student teachers will both enhance educational opportunities of the classroom students as well as provide a training opportunity for the student teacher.
Procedures for Student Teacher Placements
All Student Teachers/Observations/Practicums/Interns must be processed through the Greene County School System Curriculum and Instruction Department. Students must work through their college or School of Education. GCSS will work directly with Schools of Education to ensure proper placement. Please note that there must be a partnership agreement (Memorandum of Understanding) in place with the college or university.
GCSS prefers placement requests for Fall Semester no later than April 1 & Spring Semester no later than October 31, although requests made after the preferred date will be taken into consideration.
Steps of the Process:
- Student should first contact their School of Education to request placement.
- Next, the School of Education submits the placement request along with a cleared background check, photo ID, and student information sheet to GCSS Curriculum and Instruction Department.
- It is the responsibility of the college to ensure that the background check of the student requesting placement has been cleared.
- Following this, Curriculum and Instruction Department will notify the school being assigned.
- Upon placement decision, Curriculum and Instruction Department will send placement confirmation or decline back to Field Placement Office.
Please send requests to Dr. Rotonya Rhodes, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction at email@example.com.
The Greene County School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, religion, handicap or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
The Greene County School System is an equal opportunity provider.
El Sistema escolar del condado de Greene es un proveedor de oportunidades iguales.