All businesses, individuals, and other organizations are encouraged to compete for contractual opportunities with the Greene County School System.
Each proposal request and invitation to bid listed contains all relevant information, including contact information, submittal instructions, and submittal dates.
Contact the person associated with that proposal, or click here for additional contact information.
REQUEST FOR BID - COOLING TOWER REPLACEMENT
REQUEST FOR BID
The Greene County Board of Education requests interested bidders to provide bids for “Greene County High School Central Plant HVAC Replacement.” Scope of work to include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide new HVAC Natural gas boilers (2) to replace existing single unit
- Provide new Domestic Hot Water Natural gas boiler and Hot Water storage tank to replace existing heat exchanger/storage tank.
- Provide new boiler flue exhaust system to replace existing
- Provide two existing horizontal split case pumps to replace existing. Provide & install new variable speed drives.
- Provide new inline pumps to replace existing base mounted hot water pump. Provide & install new variable speed drives.
- Provide water to water shell and tube heat exchanger to replace existing
- Provide new expansion tanks to replace existing
- Remove existing building automation system and replace with new building automation system
- Make modifications to existing mechanical room to meet all applicable building codes
- Provide new cooling tower and structural frame to replace existing
- Provide as-built drawings to the owner and engineer at the end of the project
Sealed Bids from prequalified Bidders, will be received by the Greene County Schools (the “Owner”) at 101 East Third Street Greensboro, GA 30642, until 2:00 pm local time on June 30, 2021 for all labor, materials, and services necessary for the “Greene County High School Central Plant HVAC Replacement” (“the Project”).
A. Bidding Documents may be obtained by prequalified Bidders from the project engineer, Brad Wages, Johnson Spellman, and Associates, Inc., e-mail: email@example.com, phone: (678) 336-5419. Submissions to the Engineer should be by mail or e-mail and include a written application for Bidding Documents, including the Project number and name, the Bidder’s name, address, phone number and contact person, together with payment of a nonrefundable deposit of $300.00 per printed set of drawings and specifications. Printed set of Bidding Documents shall be picked up from the Engineer, or, if requested, will be forwarded, shipping charges collect, as soon as possible. Checks should be made payable to the Engineer. Fees will be waived for electronic access of drawings and specifications.
B. All anticipated federal, state and local permits required for the Project have not been obtained. Required permits are anticipated on or before June 30, 2021.
D. The Contract, if awarded, will be on a lump sum basis by base bid. No Bid may be withdrawn for a period of sixty (60) days after Bid opening, except as otherwise expressly provided by applicable law. Bid Bonds will not be required for this project. Both a Performance Bond and a Payment Bond will be required in an amount equal to one hundred percent (100%) of the Contract Price.
E. The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids and to waive technicalities and informalities.
F. Any person or entity that failed to become prequalified to submit a Bid on the Project shall not be permitted to submit a Bid on the Project and any Bid submitted by any person or entity that is not prequalified shall be returned unopened.
1. Contact Project Engineer for approval to become prequalified.
- Contractor must demonstrate related and pertinent experience in similar construction in terms of scope and dollar value of previous contracts.
- Contractor must demonstrate a history of successful performance and completion of projects in a timely manner, subject to the usual contractual time adjustments.
- Contractor must demonstrate the ability to furnish appropriate bonds.
- Contractor must demonstrate sufficient available experienced personnel to perform construction activities. Both management and labor work force should be addressed.
- Contractor must provide references. Names and addresses of persons for whom the firm has performed related type work within the last three (3) years.
A. Bidders should visit the Project site to attend a pre-bid conference. This pre-bid conference is mandatory.
B. A pre-bid conference will occur in the administrative office as listed below:
Greene County High School
1002 South Main Street Greensboro, GA
Time: 10:00 am
Date: April 23, 2021
C. Additional visits to the project site(s) shall be coordinated through Ralph Boswell, Construction Manager, Greene County School System, (706) 817-9930.