Degrees and Certifications:
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing from Columbus College, Columbus GA, BS and MS Degrees in Nursing from Medical Collage of GA, Augusta, GA, [clinical emphasis cardiology, teaching], Masters – Command General Staff College - Ft. Leavenworth, KS [strategic planning, international affairs, management, & public affairs], Medicare/Medicaid Management & Survey Course – Federal
Hobbies/Interests: I have one son who is also a retired LTC from the Army…he was in Special Forces. I have 2 grand children who are 6 years old twin girls – they are my heart!!!
Career: I was a single parent who worked to gain my education
* I was a Certified Nursing Assistant until I gained my Associate Degree –1975
* US Army Nurse Corps – Retired at rank LTC – 1995
* Director of Nursing/Minnie G. Boswell Hospital 2 yrs, Nurse Manager – 4 units/Oconee Regional Hospital, Nurse Surveyor/State of GA (surveyed Nursing Homes, Home Health & Hospice Agencies, consulting)
* Entrepreneur - Started Health Care Plus, LLC & Harmony Hospice – 2006
* Owner -Educational Day Care Center
Note to students: Determination is the key to success! The road may seem long and hard but it, just takes small steps moving forward and determination to succeed. No one can take away what you have learned, your skills, and desired to do the best that you can. Set your goals and move to make them happen!!!
Note to Parents: Our children need to know that they can do anything and be anything they desire. They need to know that they can always count on our support because we love them. My child is 52 years old and I am still doing what I can to be there for him in what ever way I can. I love him!