What is the role of the facilitator?
- Works with the IEP Team to create an agenda, desired outcomes, and group norms for the meeting.
- Guides discussion by asking student-focused questions, such as:
- How is the student doing?
- What changes, if any, should be made to the student’s goals?
- In what ways can we help him or her to reach his/her goals and/or objectives?
- Keeps team members on task and the meeting within the scheduled time.
- Asks questions to clarify points of disagreement and helps identify workable solutions.
- Does not take sides, impose decisions on the Team, place blame, or determine whether decisions are right or wrong.